Working with end users to define business requirements, solution and process design, project management, and the application of third party software to solve specific business issues. Additional responsibilities include the development of an annual budget for related work, troubleshooting problems, managing risks and supporting operational deadlines for project deliveries. Must work well in team settings, but also on their own with minimal supervision. May also take charge in managing specific projects on occasion. This individual provides internal customer support as the systems expert for Microsoft Dynamics AX. This position works closely with finance, supply chain and retail operations teams.
Essential Duties & General Responsibilities:
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving application related issues such as usage questions, software malfunctions and performance problems.
- Test, maintain, and monitor software applications and systems, including coordinating the installation of software updates.
- Confer with users to understand business needs, define requirements and document findings.
- Provide analysis of business needs and develop processes to address those needs.
- Coordinate and link applications within the organization to increase productivity and develop business insight.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on business priorities.
- Expand or modify applications to serve new business purposes or requirements.
- Interview or survey workers, observe job performance or perform the job to determine what information is processed and how it is processed.
- Determine computer software needed to set up or alter the system.
- Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs.
- Develop documentation of production business processes to ensure seamless coverage.
Desired Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field; or 5+ years of related experience
- 2+ years of Microsoft Dynamics AX experience preferred; or 3+ years of related ERP experience
- Microsoft Power BI and other advanced Microsoft software experience a plus
- Experience with finance and accounting systems preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail, documentation, and interpersonal skills required
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills