This role is responsible for ensuring the success of the ERP Implementation Project through effective change leadership and project management. This critical role is primarily concerned with the aspects of the ERP Project as it relates to the implementation of a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). The MES Project Lead will work cross functionally with the other Project Leads to ensure the MES integrates seamlessly with ERP and provides maximum value on the shop floor and across the value chain.
- Change Leadership:
- Working with project stake holders to design and implement consistent business practices and processes across the organization, smartly separating current processes are unique to Oliver’s value proposition and represent a competitive advantage from those that should be industry or business best practices.
- Develop effective relationships with project stake holders- especially subject matter experts and end users, crossing geographic and functional boundaries.
- Understand and apply effective change management practices to ensure the success of the end users and project stake holders.
- Quickly identify stake holders’ business problems and provide best practice consultation
- Project Management:
- Working with the Director of Global Business Integration, Project Team, and System Integration Partners, develop and maintain an effective Project Plan to accomplish the objectives of the Project.
- Utilize project managers’ toolkit (scope documents, timeline, risk log, etc) to manage the project and communicate with the organization.
- Manage defined resources (time, budget, human capital, etc) to deliver project objectives
- Solution Design and Delivery:
- Assist in Design, Development, and Testing of ERP Solution to support the Oliver’s business processes and practices.
- Facilitate solution testing and readiness evaluation.
- Participate in the solution delivery during the go live/implementation phase.
- Support the business post go-live during “hyper-care” support phase
- MES Specific Responsibilities:
- Develop an in-depth working knowledge of manufacturing practices across all Oliver sites globally.
- Contribute to further development and refinement of Oliver MES Roadmap.
- Work closely with system integrator to configure MES based on business requirements and Oliver MES Roadmap.
- Experience working with systems that enable shop floor execution
- Extensive experience working in a manufacturing environment and leading initiatives that include hourly production employees
- Understanding of the plan to produce process and how MES interacts with ERP
- Ability to develop and facilitate effective training
- Baseline understanding of database architecture
- Project Management Experience
- Mid level of years in related role as individual contributor
- 1 to 3 years in supervisory or managerial role
- Work collaboratively across functions, disciplines, geographies, and throughout the organization
- Demonstrate empathy when working with project stakeholders
- Understand business processes and be able to uncover opportunities for improvement
- Ability to analyze and understand complex business issues, evaluate risks, and suggest appropriate solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, choosing message content, tone, and method appropriate for the audience and situation.
- SAP Experience S/4 Hana Experience a plus
- PMP Certification or course work related to Project Mgt
- Proficiency in Office 365, SharePoint, MS Project