As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will test software applications and features using test scripts, create test coverage reporting, develop automated software test suits using various off the shelf technologies and create add-on tools where appropriate. It will be a plus if you can extend your skills and cross over to conduct feature development when necessary.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Create robust automated test scripts in Java (Junit/TestNG) to test software requirements.
- Maintain, support and extend our existing Java based in-house test automation framework and tools.
- Investigate and recommend automated test approaches for testing software applications and feature additions.
- Review functional and technical requirements as well as existing test plans to identify candidates for test automation and to implement necessary test cases.
- Execute automated test plans to ensure products meet the defined requirements for usability and performance, and create test reports detailing the results.
- Review automated test results to ensure functional and technical requirements have been tested, and defects are documented.
- Participating in troubleshooting and triaging of test failures to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Identify quality issues and recommend improvements or corrections to developers.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Peer code review developed software test automation packages and automation framework.
- Work within Agile (Scrum and Kanban) environments to plan and deliver product incrementally.
- Learn and apply new tools, technologies, and industry best practices as it applies to test automation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical skills.
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to brainstorm and generate ideas quickly.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A commitment to engineering excellence.
- Experience with automated software validation methodologies.
- Experience with any automated testing framework.
- Experience writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites for both backend and UIs, using a variety of tools including, but not limited to, Cucumber, Selenium, Zephyr.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- The following skills and experience are a plus:
- Experience with industrial automation.
- Experience leading the design and creation of a test automation framework.
- Experience with performance testing tools.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Java (Standard and Enterprise a plus).
- Scripting languages such as Python etc.
- IntelliJ IDEA.
- Jira, GitLab, and Confluence.
- The following technical knowledge and skills are a plus:
- Experience with JPA/SQL Server 2014/2016.
- Experience with Web Server (Wildfly, Glassfish, Tomcat, etc).
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP, REST), Socket Programming.
- Familiarity with software design patterns, and Unified Modelling Language.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software QA experience, designing, developing, and implementing Test Automation solutions across a variety of platforms and applications.
- Ability to travel 5% – 10%.