The Software Support Engineer works directly with customers and partners to troubleshoot ongoing issues and provides an excellent customer experience.
Training will take place on first shift for a couple of months prior transitioning to the overnight shift.
- Provides Level 2 support to customers during the evening hours for global support
- Coordinates with Sales and Technical teams to resolve issues.
- Provides the customer with an excellent experience at all times.
- Provides assistance on installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Documents technical solutions for the company
- Works on special projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, OR at least 3 years of experience in either the Information Technology or Technical Support fields, required
- Experience with virtualization software and technologies, such as VMware, required
- Experience using a variety of Linux, Windows and Unix operating systems, such as AIX, Red Hat, Windows (all currently supported versions), Solaris, etc., required
- Database Experience (MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, OracleDB, etc.) required
- General Networking Knowledge (WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, etc.) required
- Basic command line knowledge (Windows, Unix) required
- Some technical writing proficiency required
- Ability to work third shift required
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following is preferred:
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager
- VMware vRealize Orchestrator
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- New Relic