We are seeking a mid-level Scrum Master to lead 1-3 scrum teams in their Agile development journey. This position will support R&D software teams in as part of the global R&D Software Development team. Your primary objective is to ensure that your teams produce the highest quality software possible as efficiently as possible, providing tangible value to the organization while maintaining a cohesive and fun team atmosphere. You will be a scrum master of at least two scrum teams and will coordinate with multiple other scrum teams in a scaled environment. You must have demonstrated ability to effectively coach a software team in an Agile environment. Passion for building high-performance teams, Agile principles, servant-leadership style, organizational, and communication skills are essential.
The successful candidate will have the commitment and energy for supporting teams, in the software space, to meet their potential, and embrace Agile and LEAN principles that match the vision of how we position our organization for success.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Leads and facilitate all Scrum ceremonies
- Builds a high-performing team – Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement while facilitating progress toward team goals
- Helps the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic
- Works tirelessly to remove team impediments
- Brings energy to the team and corresponding activities
- Ensures development team functions with highest efficiency and quality possible
- Work with the Product Release Manager and other scrum masters to manage dependencies across scrum teams.
- Clearly communicate impediments, dependencies, timeline threats, development metrics, and other development concerns.
- Enforce observance of Definition of Done
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organizational skills
- Ability to brainstorm and generate ideas quickly.
- A commitment to engineering excellence.
- Proven track record building high performance teams
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience working with software development teams.
- Experience with industrial automation is a plus.
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate to a variety of global audiences including Scrum teams, internal and external stakeholders, Product Management teams, and Agile peers.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Strong experience working in a Scrum framework.
- Understanding of the Agile framework and principles.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a plus
- Highly customer focused. Able to understand the customer(s) point of view and how that guides the project or product’s scope and needs.
- Ability to guide the team on applying the Scrum processes that work for them while adhering to agile principles.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of iterative development.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence are a plus
- BS / BA – Project Management, Business, or Engineering – required
- CSM required
- 3 – 5 Years Scrum or Project Management Experience
- Ability to travel 5% – 10%.