This position is responsible for the initial development and ongoing maintenance of reporting and transactional databases, as well as the flow and translation of data throughout various systems within the bank built around best practices with standard extract-translate-load (ETL) tools such as SSIS. This individual must have a penchant for complex problem solving and be able to prepare for and adapt to rapidly evolving business requirements. The BI Architect must be fluent in T-SQL and have a working knowledge of DAX. This individual will serve as an expert resource for other analysts and developers in the area of database design, data flow, and business intelligence and will be responsible for establishing standards and best practices for reporting/dashboard design across the organization. Cross-team coordination with other functional areas of IT is essential; the BI Architect must also be able to function, both independently and under the direction/guidance of supervisor and business unit managers as a business analyst to incorporate business process needs into database and data flow design.
• Develop and maintain a data warehouse for the aggregation, validation, and presentation of bank-wide data.
• Analyze business processes and related inter-application data flow; identify and correct areas of inefficiency and/or inaccuracy.
• Work closely with the application development team and other members of the reports team to ensure data accuracy and availability for reports and business applications.
• Develop and assist/advise in the development of reports, dashboards and related database views/stored procedures.
• Develop and maintain a self-service reporting platform for non-IT end users.
• Assist with internal and external audit preparation, investigation, and coordination.
• Meet established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance, efficiency, initiative, customer service, and overall performance.
• Maintain customer confidence by providing ongoing quality service and keeping all files and information confidential.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and compliance with internal policies and procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations affecting our institution.
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A four year degree in a relevant field, such as computer science, information technology, and/or data sciences is strongly preferred.
• Candidate must have extensive knowledge of and minimally 3 years of practical experience (5+ preferred) working with: database design, data warehousing, and business intelligence best practices. Technological fluency in the with the following systems and their core programming languages strongly preferred:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org